Pests can be a huge problem for restaurants in Kuala Lumpur. They not only cause problems with food production and storage, but they also create unhealthy work environments for restaurant employees. Here are 6 pest control tips that will help you keep pests out of your restaurant!
1. Keep the restaurant clean
You need to keep the restaurant as clean as possible. This means that you need to scrub down the floors and disinfect areas where pests get into your kitchen or pantry, such as entry points from outside (windows, doors) or inside (near sinks).
Besides that, you can also install a food grinder in the kitchen to make sure that any pests are ground before they can get into your prepped veggies or other ingredients.
Besides that, you should not forget to wash your hands before you leave the kitchen.
You also need to get rid of any food that has gone bad or is out-of-date. If it’s not, then make sure to store all food in airtight containers and in a place where pests cannot reach them easily (e.g., cabinets).
2. Make sure all food is stored properly to prevent pests
Make sure that all the food is is stored properly to prevent pests.
- Keep dry food in sealed containers or bags, and store it in a cool, dark place that is not accessible to people or pets.
- Make sure all your cold items are under 46°F (e.g., refrigerate salad dressings) so they don’t attract bugs like flies and ants.
- Keep all cooked food refrigerated until it is served.
- Store dry ingredients in airtight containers, and store them on the lowest shelf possible so bugs don’t come up from underneath to take a look inside.
- Make sure dishes are stored clean and covered. A great tip that you can use is to regularly clean out your freezer.
- You should never have food in there that has expired and the freezer may be a breeding ground for pests if you don’t clean it often.
- Consider storing foods away from walls, where bugs lurk behind baseboards and inside electrical sockets.
3. Seal off any cracks or holes in the building, including around pipes and wires
When it comes to pest control, remember to seal off any cracks or holes in the building, including around pipes and wires. If there are gaps between doors and walls, seal them up so pests can’t get inside undetected.This is because pests can find a way inside at any time and they won’t be able to do anything about it until the pests have already caused serious damage. Pests will carry diseases, so if you know there are some hiding in your building, make sure that no one enters or leaves without inspecting their clothes for signs of infestation.
4. Store food at a proper temperature
Remember to store your food at a proper temperature. This is especially important if you’re storing food in your fridge or freezer, as pests will be more likely to invade when the temperatures are too hot or cold.
One thing to take note of is that pests are attracted to food with strong aromas. Ensure you store your foods in airtight containers and don’t let them have direct contact with one another, as this will make it easier for pests to invade. So make sure to store your food items with plenty of space in between them.
5. Vacuum regularly and use products that are safe for both humans and pets
Not many restaurant owners know this, but when you vacuum your floor, make sure that the product is safe for pets and humans. This will keep pests from entering through the dirt on the carpet or other food particles left behind by customers. Vacuum regularly to ensure a clean environment so there’s no need for pest control in Kuala Lumpur!
Not only that, but you should also be using an appropriate product to clean your restaurant in order to kill any pests that may have found their way into it. There are a lot of products on the market, so make sure you’re choosing one that’s safe for pets and humans as well
6. Regularly check your outdoor patio area for signs of pest activity like droppings or dirt piles
You need to check your outdoor patio area for signs of pest activity. This will help you to know if an infestation has been going on in your restaurant and get control over it before the problem gets worse.
– If you see droppings or dirt piles, then there could be a rodent issue that needs to be addressed with the help of a professional pest control company in Kuala Lumpur. For more information, please check out this post about the benefits of pest control for restaurant owners.
As you can see there are many pest control tips that you can implement in your restaurant as a business owner. We hope the information we’ve provided has been helpful and will help to prevent any infestations from happening in the near future.