The Bowery Group, comprising Gramercy Holdings Sdn Bhd, is always concerned about the security and sensitivity of personal data of our customers and employees.
You hereby consent to the processing of your personal data by us and all persons involved in the provision of services by us under The Bowery Group by: –
- Using our services or our patronizing outlets;
- Using our website or any of our social media platforms;
- Being in our employment.
We shall have the right to modify, amend or update the terms of this Notice at any time. By continuing to use our services, our website, our social media platforms or patronizing our outlets or by being in our employment following any such changes, confirm and this shall signify your acceptance of the same. In the event of any conflict between the English Languange and other language versions of this Notice, the English Language version shall prevail.
Kindly take note that your personal data shall be shared and processed by the companies under The Bowery Group.
What is Personal Data?
Generally, personal data is any information that identifies you. When you provide us a comment, request a custody card, sign up for our promotions or interact with us via our website or social media platforms or join us as an employee, you may be asked to input personal data which will then be processed by us ,
The type of data processed by us includes but is not limited to: –
- Name, nationality, date of birth, NRIC number, passport number, gender, residency status, correspondence address, home address, contact details including mobile, office and residential telephone and facsimile number, email address, closed-circuit television footage;
- Any relevant financial and health information in respect of employees and customers;
- Any additional information provided by you or by third parties about you.
The accuracy and completeness of your personal data depends on the information you provide. We will assume that the information that you have provided is accurate, up to date and complete unless you inform us otherwise. It shall be your obligation to update us as to any changes in your personal data with us as soon as there is a change.
Please also be aware that when you use our website, some of our web pages may use “cookies”, which will help you navigate or store your preferences in your computer. Whilst cookies, by themselves, do not provide us with your data, or information such as email addresses, phone numbers or other information, once you choose to furnish the site with your personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie, for instance, if you choose to register for one of our services, promotions, surveys or competitions.
We acknowledge that you have the right to decide that the personal data you wish to provide to us and is entirely voluntary on your part. However, if the personal data is not provided or insufficient, we may be unable to: –
- Communicate with you;
- Provide you our services;
- Grant you access to use our website or other social media platforms; or
- Employ you.
How Do We Process Your Personal Data?
We only have access to the collected information that you voluntarily give us via our websites, registration, e-mail or other direct contact from you.
The personal data provided to us will be used for the following reasons including but not limited to: –
- To verify your identity and location;
- To maintain our customer and employee database for administrative, filing and employment referral purposes;
- For purposes of payment and security
- For tax purposes;
- To communicate with you and to respond to your queries;
- To promote, offer, sell or market our services and / or
- For marketing, research or survey purposes; and / or
- To alert you or send you materials related to our business, promotional materials or changes to our website or policies
Therefore, we will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for our purposes and required for us to do so.
You can set up your Web browser to inform you when cookies are set or to prevent cookies from being set.
However please note that if you reject, block, filter or erase cookies, we may not be able to restore preferences or settings you have previously specified, and you may not be able to fully enjoy the websites or your online experience; and some functions may not work properly or at all.
Sometimes our websites may also provide you access to other websites. These videos or links or websites / contents of 3rd party sites or others may contain 3rd party cookies so please consult the various policies of those individual websites and links before use, for information and details of their privacy policies, use of your information and cookies used. We are not responsible for these websites or their use of your data or information, nor do we have any control over these websites and 3rd party or their usage policies. Therefore it is important for you to understand their privacy policies and usage of your data and information and we shall not be responsible for these websites or 3rd parties. Your use of these websites or 3rd party links shall be at your own risk.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Your personal data will be processed internally by The Bowery Group.
There are circumstances whereby your personal data may be disclosed to third parties such as: –
- To any marketing, survey, or such third party research companies;
- To any persons for purposes of compliance with legal or regulatory requirements;
- Our professional advisors such as lawyers, auditors, insurance brokers and tax advisors;
- Our data processors such as banks, financial institutions, storage services, IT services and logistics services; and
- Any other circumstance which may be necessary or permitted under the law.
Right to Access Personal Data and Amend
Under the PDPA, you have a right to access and correct your personal data.
If you wish to request: –
- For access to your personal data
- For your personal data to be corrected or updated; or
- To withdraw your consent or limit the use of your personal data,
please submit your written requests to our Head Office: –
Human Resource Department
The Bowery Group
Unit C-12-4, Level 12, Block C
Megan Avenue II
12 Jalan Yap Kwan Seng
50450 Kuala Lumpur
T: +603 2711 0080
F: +603 2711 0089
Kindly take note that an administrative charge may be imposed for any request under paragraph (a) or (b) above.
We reserve the right to refuse your request to access and / or make any changes to your personal data as permitted under the law.